The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is playing an increasingly proactive role in International Arena for its 10 lac members and students.
To provide a strong interface to Indian members for recognition and professional opportunities aboard, recently, UK NARIC (The National Recognition Information Centre, United Kingdom) has evaluated ICAI qualification for UK and UAE education Systems.
With the aim of expanding the opportunities for professionals in foreign jurisdictions, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) had engaged UK NARIC (The National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom) a renowned UK national agency responsible for providing information and expert opinion on qualifications and skills worldwide, to conduct an independent benchmarking study, evaluating the comparability of the ICAI Intermediate and Final level in the context of the UK and UAE education systems.
|ICAI Award||Comparable RQF Level and UK Qualification||RQF-QF Emirates Level Comparability|
|ICAI Intermediate Course||RQF Level 6
(Bachelor’s Degree Standard)
|QF Emirates Level 7|
|ICAI Final Course||RQF Level 7
(Master’s Degree Standard)
|QF Emirates Level 9|
Key benefits to students and Members
- Opportunities for higher studies in UK and other foreign jurisdictions accepting NARIC evaluation
- Enhanced professional opportunities in foreign jurisdictions for members as well as semi-qualified professionals.
- Facilitating qualification recognition arrangements with renowned global accountancy bodies.
- Augmenting global mobility for Indian CA
- Facilitating export of Finance and Accounting Services.
ICAI’s Vice President, CA. Atul Kumar Gupta, remarked that “as India is increasingly focusing on facilitating export of accountancy services, the promotion of global mobility of accountancy services in digital world is one of the important Champion Sector initiative of the Government of India; this evaluation would increase the professional avenues for our members.